Monday, September 13, 2010

Born For This

If you ever wonder why you're at a certain place in your life or why you were created in the first place, other than to glorify God with your very existence, I think I have an answer...you were born for whatever you're doing right now!Right now, I'm having a difficult time with my career path and trying to figure out the timeline in which God wants me to follow, I'm learning patience and sacrifice and I'm trying to be an inspiration to others by being as open and honest as possible so people know they're not alone. So, if you're wondering why things are going absolutely spectacular or you feel like you're on a downward spiral in your life...YOU WERE BORN FOR THIS!!!

Your life, your existence, your raison d'etre is for this very moment! The struggles, the heartaches, the feeling your life is a sucking black hole, your joys, inspirations, light bulb moments, your fears and aspirations, the good, the bad and the indifferent all serve a purpose in your life. You were born for these moments, you were born to tell your story.

I graduated from ACU (pretty awesome place is I can say so myself), but today in chapel they or we (I watched online) had the honor of being blessed by Blake Mycoskie, Chief Shoe Giver and founder of TOMS shoes, and a very smart, savvy businessman. While I was listening to him speak and being inspired I was thinking that everything that went on in his life, being on The Amazing Race, starting his own online driver's ed program, becoming exhausted and going to Argentina, being in the cafe' at the right time, all these things were meant to happen so he could start a company that would change not only his life, or the people who received shoes, but every detail small or large was meant to happen so he could change the world! He didn't and couldn't do it alone and I'm sure he'd tell you that, but he was born for what he is doing right now!

OK, so many of us won't impact the entire world with the events that are happening in our lives, but scale it down a little; your story, your life may inspire one person, or spark an idea or simply out a smile on someone's, but your story may change their world. When I start thinking that my life is a little less than ordinary and there's nothing special about who I am, I think of my Creator and I force myself to remember that no accidents were made when I was created, I am not a mishap. Everything that I am doing and going through now, I was born to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment