Friday, September 3, 2010

Start With God

Yesterday was not the best day at all, neither was last night. The only thing I enjoyed was my workout and my time with God; I guess that's the only thing that really matters, in hindsight, anything that we enjoy in our life is a blessing. Last night was rough, I didn't sleep well and my dreams were scary and outrageous so I couldn't wait for morning. I've been having nightmares for the past couple of months, so I talked to my dad about it and he asked me, "do you ask God to come into your dreams?". I tried it last night and no, my nightmares didn't end, but when I woke up, I turned over and grabbed my Bible. I started with God.

" Start with God-the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb there noses at such wisdom and learning." (Proverbs 1:7, The Message)I think once we learn how to start our day, whether things go your way or not, we will have peace at the end of the day. I'm not saying that everyday we have to wake up and read our Bible for hours at a time, but the least we can do is give thanks for another morning and recognize it was Christ that woke us up, not our alarm clock, the buzzing of our cell phone, the dogs barking or the cries of our baby.

Our lives are so busy with work, school, family and so many other things that can easily move our focus from what matters most-God. Starting with God on a daily basis will always have its benefits. I was able to run a little bit longer, workout a little harder, not by my own strength, but by the strength of our Lord. Start with God today in everything you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment